Sunday, November 8, 2015

Next Please?

Do you love movies? I know I do! I still remember how back in the day, some 15 years ago, we used to have VCR's. It consisted of a Cassette which was huge and unmissable. Then there was a revolution in the form of an LD. The LD was like that Huge record that took up so much space, but was super thin as compared to cassettes. To address this size issue, VCD's were introduced, but they were short on memory space, so the next step in the revolution were DVD's.
Technology has changed drastically in the last decade, and we've seen products changing to adapt to wireless and cloud computing platforms. One of the biggest revolutions our generation has seen is Netflix, your one stop shop for one of the most amazing collection of movies and TV shows. Back in the day, I still remember going to the store and choosing which movie I wanted to watch. But Netflix has every movie you need at just a click away.

I still remember the time when I used to complete a movie or a TV show and ask myself, now what? I always wondered if there was ever a solution to this problem. Netflix predictive software uses analytics to provide a solution which never fails to impress. Netflix uses deep neural networks and sparse auto encoders to predict consumer behaviour based on previous consumer patterns. I've used this myself and I can say with confidence that the suggestions provided by Netflix is 95% of the times amazing. Every recommendation I've received from Netflix has been something I have really liked.
It's tools like this that show how AI is influencing are decision making, and for the better. From a time when we had to physically go to a store and choose what we wanted to watch, to a time when sitting at home, you already have a recommendation ready for you after your movie or TV show is over, the world has changed a lot. We're a generation that is a part of this revolution. Join in, and reap the amazing benefits AI has to offer.


No comments:

Post a Comment