Friday, November 13, 2015

Artificial Intelligence comes to our rescue!... For real?

Every time the Google app in my phone reminds me where my car is parked as I exit the mall, I wonder what´s next in the interactions between humans and machines.


Every search I make is influenced by the hundreds of times I have typed a few words in any search engine. On the one hand, Google “knows” when my favorite sports teams are playing and sends me real time score info.  It also knows my favorite TV shows and suggests episode recap articles on the web. Twitter, on the other hand, knows my interests and prompts me to follow a certain type of public figure or discussions based on others I follow.  But the question that baffles me is, how far can this go? 

It was recently announced Apple has bought a small A.I. startup from Cambridge, England calledVoiceIQ, most likely to be used to improve the Siri service on their handheld devices, and perhaps continue developing their user-machine interaction platforms.


In this ultra competitive tech environment we all live in, everyone´s fighting to keep an edge over the rest. Are we getting closer to coexist with intelligent machines in a Terminator-like world?

Fellow readers, “I´ll be back!”



2 comments:

  1. What is The google App that tells you where you parked?, I need it so much.. However, all this make me think how the machine inteligence is winning

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Adriana, just look for Google Parking Assistant. You'll thank me later ;)

      Delete